Friday, January 23, 2009

Oh boy, here we go...

I started scrapbooking. Who woulda thunk it? I always thought it was a huge waste of money, and low and behold, I'm starting to get into it. Now I definitely don't think it'll be a huge addiction for me as far as going to classes, workshops, etc, but it is a more productive way to spend my time at work than say...surfing the net and blogging all day long? Haha!

I have always liked the look of scrapbook pages, just never had the energy or creativity required to come up with page after page to fill a book. However for my bridal shower, Megan gave me a mini wedding scrapbook, and that was all that was needed to get me started. Last week my mom returned from Costco with my sister, scrapbooking kit in hand, and they proudly handed it over to me, telling me it was to be used to keep the pictures of our future babies. Now I don't know if this was a hint to get cracking on baby making, or if it was a kick in the butt to get my pictures organized already, but either way it's a beautiful set, complete with carrying case, and I'll definitely use it.

I figure if it's meant to be a baby album, I can always start using it right now, by creating some pages of Mayson and me as babies/kids, so our child has a bit of history in the album along with his or her own pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment