Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Snow, snow and more snow

According to the latest weather forecast, we're supposed to get up to 20cm today, and it will continue to snow off and on until Saturday. I can't say I mind. I love looking out the window to see that magical soft look the entire neighbourhood is doused in. The night seems so much quieter and the streets so much more friendly than the harsh reality us city folks really live in. For that reason alone I would love to live in the country.

I would however love to be snowboarding, but I'm not holding my breath for that happening this winter. My board hasn't seen snow since the 06/07 season, and I don't think that will change this year. Hubs has never tried it, and eventhough he keeps saying he would like to try it, something always seems to come up. Last year it was mainly money constraints due to our wedding this past fall, and although this winter is far from over we just seem to be way too busy all the time. Add to that the fact that lift tickets are at least $25 for both of us on cheap nights, plus the fee for renting hubs' gear, and you're looking at over $50 for the evening. Too bad really, because snowboarding is one sport I so thouroughly enjoy, that I don't even realize the physical effort I put into it. It's a great way to loose unwanted pounds.

Speaking of unwanted pounds - I crawled out of my warm cozy bed this morning, to drag my butt into our icy cold bathroom and onto the rickety old scale, to read... that I haven't lost a single pound. Bah Humbug! Since I've been eating rabbit food for 3 days straight, and sweating my butt off for 30 minutes at a time on the good 'ole elliptical, I'm chalking the non-existant weight loss up to monthly water retention and bloatedness. All you girls out there know what I mean, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment