Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oh my sore, achy muscles....

So hubs and I started our new diet/exercise plan yesterday, and we spent 1.5hours at the gym after work last night. It's the first time in years that I did more than just my cardio routine - I also did all the weights along with hubs, and my muscles are hating me for it today. My legs are especially sore - which is odd, since that's the one place I'm still quite in shape - go figure.

The dieting part of this whole lifestyle change is going well though. I've always loved my veggies, so eating more of them as opposed to chocolate is not a big deal. I have no issues cutting sweets and sugars out of my diet - as long as I go "cold turkey". It's impossible for me to just eat one cookie - I'll end up finishing the entire box, but as long as I don't have that first one, it doesn't bother me.

So now I'm in the process of creating a healthy meal plan, since last minute meals are usually the ones that are stuffed full of calories in our house, and end up getting us in trouble. I'm also trying to put our new awesome slow cooker to good use - heck, who doesn't want to come home to a warm, healthy meal, that's all finished cooking. ;-) Especially on the days we go to the gym it'll come in very handy.

I've also managed to add a weightloss ticker to the right hand column of this blog, so that I have a little accountability to myself, and the whole world can now see just how well I'm doing with this process.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment