Thursday, January 22, 2009

I've started spring cleaning...

Yes, I'm well aware of the fact that spring is nowhere in sight, but what else is a girl to do on these cold winter weekends?

I've decided to start with the Office/guestroom/storage room, which is currently still full of wedding stuff. The closet holds my dress, veil, 2 crinolines, and random wedding items such as the cardbox, arch, garland, etc.

So I figured I'll start by selling some of the decorations - a lady at work has already told me she'll buy the lanterns we had as center pieces, the 10 metres of black tulle from the headtable, and the cake serving set. I'm a little sad to see everything go, but I can't realistigly hang on to everything we had at the wedding, just because of the fond memories - that's what the pictures are for.

However I'm still very torn about the dress. I planned on doing a "Trash the Dress" Photoshoot with it, but in the 4 months since the wedding I've already gained 20lbs, and now I'm wondering if I should really step things up and loose the weight so I can do the shoot this summer, or if I should just suck it up and sell it, so it can make another bride happy. I don't know...I really don't. I would love to pull the dress out in 50 years to show to my grandkids, but on the other hand it takes up a lot of room, and god knows no one else will ever wear it again.

I guess I have some thinking to do about the dress still. But the rest has to go. I'd like for the Office to finally look like an Office again, and let's face it, the wedding's over, I'm a married woman, and totally sick of seeing white tulle!

No comments:

Post a Comment