Tuesday, November 3, 2009

6 weeks to go...

So today marks 34 weeks, and only 6 weeks to go until the little man is supposed to arrive. I think I've definitely hit that point that every pregnant woman eventually hits, where the discomfort of the big belly and the aches and pains start getting to you, and you're really getting anxious for baby to be born. I LOVE feeling our baby move, but I could also do without those 3-4 bathroom trips per night, the crampiness, aching belly, insane heartburn, and newly returned nausea.

Hubs and I finally managed to finish the nursery this past weekend, and I'll be posting some pics as soon as we hang the last 2 paintings up - it turned out better than I thought it would, and we're both really happy with how it looks. We also managed to install the car seat in our truck, which was easier than I feared - once hubs caved and let me follow the directions of course, because he just *had* to try it without the instructions (no worries, I was gonna double check to make sure it was done properly either way)...men!

So now that all that is finished, and we're almost done washing all the baby clothes, we just have to pack the rest of the hospital bag, and then we'll be all ready for baby to arrive.

My awesome little sister and mom are also throwing us a co-ed baby shower this weekend, and we can't wait to go! It was supposed to be a surprise, but apparently our schedule was so hectic that they couldn't plan it without at least telling us about it, since they were afraid we might otherwise not make it to our own shower...lol!

Anyways, I don't have any new pics of the bump, but I'll be sure to post photos of the shower next week.

I also had my midwife appointment yesterday, and everything's looking good. Baby's heartbeat is 146bpm, and I'm measuring 34cm, so bang on for 34 weeks. There are a few minor issues though - with my sugar being right on the borderline, they're worried about Gestational Diabetes, so on Saturday morning I will have to go for a 3 hour blood test. My iron results also came back as low despite the daily iron supplements I take, so I'm being retested for that as well at the same time. Fun times - could there possibly be a better way to spend my Saturday morning? Bah!

No comments:

Post a Comment