Monday, November 23, 2009

37 Weeks - 3 Weeks to go...

So today marks a major milestone - I'm 37 weeks pregnant, and therefore baby is now considered to be "Full Term", and ready to be born any day. This week in pregnancy seemed so far out of reach at the beginning of my pregnancy, and it seems like time just flew by, and it snuck up on me. We're working on some of the final preparations - like setting up the playpen which baby will be sleeping in for the first few months in our bedroom this past weekend, and I also have to add some final items to my hospital bag and diaper bag, which are already stowed in the trunk of our truck.

The nursery is all ready to go though, and so I was finally able to take some photos on my day off this past Friday. Most of the baby clothes are washed - just two more loads need to be done, but we're seriously starting to run out of closet space, so let's hope they still fit in there.

And now that we're so close to the birth, I'll finally release the little guy's name - it will be Riley Mayson Henry.

I also had another appointment with my midwife this morning, and my plans to work until the end of the pregnancy were quashed. My blood pressure has started to rise, and the midwife thinks my schedule is too hectic, and that I don't sleep enough, and has recommended I start maternity leave sooner rather than later. So I have decided that since it's best for the baby and me, this Friday will be my last day at work. My boss was very understanding about everything as well, which made the whole process a lot easier. The midwife also said that according to my symptoms, measurements, and the baby having dropped 2.5 weeks ago and being engaged in my pelvis, she guesses that I'll go into labour sometime this week or next. She said it could still take longer of course, but she didn't it would.

That means stepping everything into high gear, and getting everything on the "To Do List" done.

So without further ado - here are the photos of the nursery:

Riley's rubber ducky collection (he's actually gotten 4 more in the meantime):


The hamper and his shoes:


His name above his crib:


The comfy chair, with nursing pillow:


Part of his closet (look at all those clothes!!!!):

His crib:


The change table and hamper:



2 comments:

  1. I realise these are very old posts but just stumbled upon them having recently found out I have a bicornuate uterus following a miscarriage. Having been given no information I turned to Google and found all sorts of horror stories and statistics, so it was lovely to come across your story and to see your healthy and beautiful baby boy! Thank you and all the best x

    ReplyDelete