Thursday, February 19, 2009

Another Puppy?

So this morning I was busily looking through Remax and Royal Lepage's websites for a piece of waterfront property that we could buy. We're looking to get something for around $10K, within an hour's drive of Ottawa, waterfront, and on the Quebec side since the landscape is nicer. I wasn't finding much on either Real Estate giants' website, and thought about wherelse I could look up land for sale in Quebec. Now you're probably wondering what all this has to do with my title right? Well I'm getting there...

After another 10 minutes of googeling "Quebec waterfront property", I got the bright idea of jumping on Ottawa Kijiji to see if anyone had listed anything there. Now here's the thing - everytime I go onto Kijiji, I look for whatever item it is that I went on there to look for, and then I always end up looking up miscellaneous items such as the elliptical we bought, car parts, etc, and I always always always end up on the puppy pages looking to see if they have any husky puppies advertised. Today was no exception, and about half way down the page, listed on Valentine's Day, were these 2 adorable puppies.

So as I'm looking at these cuties, I'm coincidentally talking to my dear hubs on the phone while we're both at work, and I said "Honey, I need you to be the voice of reason, talk me out of wanting one of these two sweethearts".

What does he say?

He says "Why would I do that? I say get one!" :-D

No hubs, you're supposed to talk ne out of this! Argh! So I sit there, and painstakingly try to come up with reason after reason as to why getting another cute little fuzzy pooping machine that will cause havoc in our hearts and home, is not a good idea.

It was all for nothing, because in the end, I admit defeat. Mayson has shamelessly twisted my rubber arm, and appealed to the softie in me who loves her Saturday morning fuzzy hugs from Micah. And might I add that he wasted no time in calling the puppy's breeder to inquire as to whether or not either of them are even still available. So at the moment we're patiently waiting to hear from the person on the other end of the internet ad, and in the meantime I'm mentally calculating the added costs such as vet visits, kibble, collars, microchipping, etc, that I'll undoubtedly bitch about in the months to come. But in the end, just like with Micah, I'm sure it'll all be worth throwing caution to the wind, and opening our home to yet another slobbery little puppy. So stay tuned for an update on how this saga will end.

No comments:

Post a Comment