Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Alex and Leo are getting hitched!

Remember these 2 love birds from our wedding?



That's right, my little sister and her former boyfriend, now Fiancé, Leo are getting married!!! Leo proposed to Alex this past Tuesday, on top of a volcano, on their trip in Hawaii, and Alex of course accepted.


Mayson and I are so very happy for both of them, and we are looking forward to calling Leo our brother in law. He's made my little sis so incredibly happy, and we love him to pieces!


Now they obviously haven't set a wedding date yet - let's let them unpack first - but Alex did say that they were talking about possibly having it in summer of 2010 sometime.

I'm also very honoured to announce that Alex asked me to be her Maid of Honour, and I gladly accepted. I would love nothing more than to stand by her side on the day she recites her vows to the man she loves.

It's hard to believe sometimes that time flies by so quick - it seems like just yesterday that my little sister was skipping with her rope along the driveway, and heading out to play with her friends at the park - and now she's planning her own wedding. But she's turned into a successful and beautiful young woman, and deserves all the happiness and love coming her way.

I hope we have many more happy memories to look back on when we're both wrinkly, grey and old, and sipping our tea, and reminiscing about the good old times, whilst our grandchildren are crawling around our feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment