Thursday, April 30, 2009

The first ultrasound


Introducing: Little Baby Henry

Due to a medical concern my GP sent me for an early ultrasound to make sure everything with me and baby is ok.

On Tuesday April 28th, at 9am hubs and I drove to the ultrasound clinic in the pouring rain. We waited for a good 10 minutes in the office, both of us nervous, and me with a full bladder since I had to drink 30-60 oz of water prior to the ultrasound. A very sweet female technician then called us into Room 2, where I got to comfortably lie on the exam chair, and Mays took a seat beside me. They even had a second monitor set-up so the patient could see exactly what the technician sees.

As she started the ultrasound, I was grasping hubbies' hand, and I didn't loosen my grip until she found the baby, and the heartbeat flickered on the screen. It was a magical moment for sure, and such a relief. At 7 weeks, baby measures 9mm in length, and had a heartbeat of 120-122bpm - both are right on target. Hubs and I both left the clinic with huge smiles, and great relief that our baby is doing just fine.

Hopefully everything will go smoothly from here on in, and we'll have a bouncing baby girl or boy in our arms by Christmas Eve.

Pregnancy has been great so far. I'm totally exhausted just about every night after work, and often feel quite nauseous in the morning, but inspite of it all, I am so incredibly happy that our little one is on the way :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment